How was your exprencie with Depo did you develope mood sings, did you have scanty periods or never ending periods,did you lose your sex drive or did it increase? did anyone ever fall pregnant tell me your stories i am considering using it as a birthcontrol method!! thanks in advance!

ladyt09

Asked by ladyt09 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I liked it for over 10 years. No periods at all!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:00 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• K I BEEN ON DEPO FOR 6 MTS!! I AHTED K SO I HAVE NO PERIOD BUT MY JOINTS HURT(DEPO MESSES UP UR CALCIUM) MY HAIR IS FAULING OUT, I EAT LIKE A PIG. I HAVE PREGNANCY SYMTOMS IT SUCKS!! AM GETTING OFF
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:15 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• sorry falling out
    piwife

• I was on it for 6 months. I gained weight like crazy. but I had no period. My sister was on it for 2 years and she finally got off of it but now she has no period and can't get pregnant. My cousin was on it for a year and got off it and has been off it for a year and not period and she can't get pregnant either. So I don't know maybe it varys on who it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have been on depo 3 different times and I never gained weight during any of those times. My gyno told me that I would gain aobut 3 pounds in water retention and that the rest of the weight that woman gain is due to increased appetite. So I was smart enough to know that I didnt REALLY need to eat more than I would normally eat. I had no periods any of those times which was absolutely WONDERFUL, nor did I have any mood swings. It DID decrease my sex drive down to almost nothing so that is why I went off of it the last time. I joked with my doc about how it is the best birth control because it makes me not have sex!! It made me very dry down there which made sex alot less enjoyable, but besides that... it was wonderful. After I have this baby, I am going on something that has the same hormones as depo but is inserted in your arm similar to the norplant, and remains in place for up to 3 years but can be taken out sooner
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I was on it for 6 months, I felt terrable all the time, I was bloated so much I looked 5 months pregnant, and I started bleeding the day after the first shot and never stopped, I even contiued to bleed about 3 moths after getting off of it, I HATE HATE HATE it, and would not recommend it to anyone. but on another note, my sister was on it for 3 years never bleed a tall the whole 3 years, and loved it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I got one shot and had my period every day for 3 months straight. I didn't get another shot after that.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well......I bled for months and months non-stop then when the bleeding stopped, I basically gave birth on my bathroom floor to a piece of tissue the size of a 6 month old fetus. That's gross but true. The doctors blamed it on the shot. They said "Depo tricks your body into believing it is pregnant and your body obviously took it to the extreme and actually grew something inside your uterus." I thought that was the weirdest thing but it had to be true because I wasn't sexually active the entire time I was on the shot so I wasn't pregnant.
    I also gained 60lbs. I made me moody all the time. I was on it a year and a half. I absolutely HATED IT!
    Sorry for the TMI lol
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009