My child is almost six months old and still won't turn over.

He has done it before, but every time he is on his stomach after about five to ten minutes he starts screaming until he is almost hyperventilating and I turn him over. How can I help this? I put toys down. I get down there with him. I let him fuss thinking if he gets mad enough he will just do it.

Should I be worried?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son rolled over a couple of times around 5 months, but he also hated it, so he just refused to roll over any more until about 8 months. He would actually roll up onto his side to look around, and if he felt like he was about to roll all the way over, he'd fling his arm out to put himself back on his back; it was quite amusing. But it's not a big deal. His pedi said that as long as he was moving around the room by 9 months, whether by rolling, scooting, army crawling, crawling, cruising, walking, whatever, that he was fine, but until then, it's fine if he doesn't want to roll over.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:31 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My LO went from back to front and we let her scream until she got where she rolled over back to her back. This took roughly 30 mins. She has had the hang of it for many mos. She was 5 mos old at the time. If they get frustrated enough they will figure it out.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:06 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I tried that but he will just scream and scream until he can't breath and is throwing up almost. haha
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He does roll onto his sides all the time and the majority of his body is on his front side. He just won't do that arm. haha
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009