anyone wear nursing pads before you delivered??

I am going to formula feed, but my breasts have been leaking every time i touch them for about a week now and its kinda gross!!!! did yall use nursing pads beefore you delivered?!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:07 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did and planning to nurse or not nurse has nothing to do with it. What you are leaking is colostrum and that is supposed to happen. Some don't leak at all and others do it weeks before delivery.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes it's completely normal, and that is colostrum, and it is the very best thing for your newborn baby! full of nutrients and antibodies for your baby's health. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I did with my son, and for weeks after he was born even though he didn't nurse. With my daughter, I barely had to use them at all, and she's entirely breastfed. Leaking doesn't necessarily correlate with whether you nurse your baby, so go ahead and get a box or two of nursing pads, it sounds like you're going to need them.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:21 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i am using them now an i still have 3 months to do before hes here! depending how much you leak id pick up a box or 2.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 5:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009