Can me breastfeeding hinder the results of a test?

Ever since the second month post partum, I have had a regular period. Every twenty-eight days apart. It didn't even miss a beat. Well, now it is late and my child is almost six months old. I feel like crap and I took a dollar test that didn't show anything until an hour later it showed positive, but I know that is way past the time frame they give valid results. I waited two more days and bought another test and it came out negative. I know you are supposed to take them in the morning, but I still wake every three to four hours to feed my son and never have eight hours to build up urine. haha

Well, I guess my question is does anything cause my tests to be negative besides me not being pregnant? If that makes sense...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• your menstrual cycle can change A LOT while bfing. mine was regular for 2 months, then it was irregular for another 3-4 months, and now is regular again. my son is 1. it's a normal thing while bfing. i didn't have a period for 4 months pp.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• You could be stressed and that can make it late or if the baby has been nursing more. These can make it late. I would call your doc and make an appt if you are worried. The dollar tests have been great for me. They are positive when they should be and neg when they should as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009