treat them like a gentile would a tax collector

So there is one particular person that has proven she cannot take advice and believes everything she says is right. I have told her as have others she needs to step back and look at her deliver of the message. The bible says talk in private- done that she ignores it,
take friends- done that she still believes she is perfect and can do no wrong
take it to the church-I took it to the organization. She still thinks she is perfect her message and the way she sends it is right.

Now it is time to teat her like a tax collector. What exactly does this mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Let it Go!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yes let it go, the bible says to do that by treating them like a gentile to a tax collector. That is what I am asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I do ask how long in between did you do these two actions? Do you give the person time to change?
    Have you asked the Lord to change your heart and how you feel toward her? Have you blessed her and forgiven her ? Have you let it go and let God deal with her and her heart?
    Do you understand the power of Grace and the finished work of the Cross? If you do this whole action you are doing would not be neccessary. Also this is done in the church.. not online.
    Since neither of you go to the same church, it isn't your place to do this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yea I just asked what it means to treat them like a gentile to a tax collector. I didn't ask for you to analyze and judge the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm telling you to just drop the entire subject. We don't need anymore drama in this section. Just as it is with non-christians, you can only plant a seed and it is up to God(as you believe in him) to do the work. If you keep pounding the seed into the ground you're going to kill it.
    Gardening 101. You never dig a 6 foot hole to plant a pea in. It'll die. You plant it in a shallow hole lightly covered and let it grow naturally from there. Water it a couple times, but don't drown it!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• We're all considered gentiles...and tax collectors have never been or are they now on anyone's "best friend list." So in other words, do what you know is right, and then avoid her if necessary. Avoid confrontation and let God take over the situation. If you'd confronted her about your feelings and done so privately, then really that's all you can do...the rest is between her and God....
    That's MY opinion of the gentile / tax collector thing....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well, we know how Jesus treated tax collectors :-) He chose one of them to write my favorite Gospels!

Honestly, if it is a toxic relationship, it is best for you to stay away from her. You can forgive someone without having to continue to be their friend.

If it is someone on CM and they violate the TOS with their answers, report the answers. If they do not violate the TOS but you still do not like what they say, just ignore them as best as possible.

Sorry about your situation. Hope that helped :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Kristi do you have any idea what I am talking about?

Here you go since I have to spread my entire life out for an question to be answered.

I have not talked to my sister in 20 years. Family parties are painful. I asked for a neutral sit down and she refused.
    She got in my face and threatened to kill me while strung out on drugs.
    I had other family go to her She called SRS because me dog had flees
    I told my parents but yet nothing has changed.

Sorry not going anymore into detail. Sorry if my family life is too much drama for you.but then again I didn't want to spread out my entire life. I just wanted an answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• btw-I tweeked some of those facts as I don't need my dirty laundry all over the internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am sorry about the difficulties in your family. I was under the impression this had to do with a dispute that occurred last night in this section. That was my mistake.
    As for your family, there is only so much you can do, after that you have to leave it in the hands of God. Pray about it and limit your contact when possible.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2009