Passing Judgement

Not sure what category to put this in ... hope this is close enough

There was a question on her about judgements about SAHMs. It got me to thinking that it doesn't really matter who you are or what you do. Some one some where is going to pass judgement on you. So my first question is it is possible for one person to go their entire life without passing judgement? I really don't think it is. Even if it's minor, we still do it at some point.

And two, if we can agree that we do all judge at some point or another, in one way or another, would you rather it be kept quiet, or would you rather know what the other person is thinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do think everyone judges. i wouldnt mind knowing so that i can defend myself and explain why i do what i do or am what i am that they are judging.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If it is a person that I don't know then they should keep quiet. If it is a close friend or family member then yes I want to know what they are thinking. I don't think that you can go your whole life w/o passing judgment. Think about what your kids do. You pass judgment on their decisions b/c if you didn't you wouldn't be a good parent.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:19 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You're right, everybody judges other people for one reason or another. I keep it quiet. If I see someone at a store that is doing something stupid, unless it's harming another person, I keep my mouth shut. But with my close friends and family, we've become pretty comfortable with telling each other how we feel.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:36 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yep...everyone does it. Sometimes we do it without knowing we are doing it. I dont know if I would rather know or not. Usually, I dont really care. Remeber though, the harsher you judge someone, the harsher youre going to get judged. Thats enough to make me mind my own business. I have a family member that judges VERY harshly. Ive never once thought or said anything bad about her. It simply doesnt cross my mind, yet shes judged my parenting, my choice of schools for my kids, my discipline methods and everything else. It blows my mind how someone can live in THAT judgmental of a perspective and expect to be happy or even have friends. No one wants to be around someone like that. I think it comes from very deep insecurity that shes not resolved. Whatever, but I would rather she just stay out of my life if she cant just accept us like we are. Im not perfect, but I give people a fair shot with me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:58 AM on Aug. 24, 2009