Have you gotten your tubes tied? If so, have you had any side effects?

I am contemplating getting my tubes tied. We wanted to get my husband fixed but because of a surgery he had as an infant he cannot get this done. I hate taking birth control and would like to just get this over with. I'm worried about side effects. Can you please tell me how yours went, if you had side effects, and if you regret getting it done? TIA!!!

Kristinmomof2

Asked by Kristinmomof2 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• Nobody can answer this?
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I can. I got mine tied over a year ago and I've had super heavy periods ever since. That's the only bad one though, other than that it's been fine.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't read the full question lol. I had it done during my c-section so it went fine, no extra pain or anything. I did have some regrets about it for about 6 months afterward but it passed. That's normal I think.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I just got Essure done. It is a non-surgical alternative to a tubal ligation. I am loving it so far. I am having some cramping but I am also BFing so I think that is partly why. And unlike a tubal, there is no way this can self reverse itself ever.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thank you!!! I've been researching it and I keep reading that your periods can be a lot heavier...I don't like that lol!
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I got mine tied during my c/s too. I've had no regrets at all. My period has been a bit heavier, esp on Day 2, but it also means I have a 4 day cycle instead of 5 so it's sort of a trade off. My symptoms aren't anything a midol can't handle, if that helps gauge things.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thank you deadheadjen! Mine usually last 6 days..im so sick of it! thank you for your response!!
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I actually got on the pill for the first time ever to control my periods, which is just insane!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• so you got on the pill even after you got your tubes tied? i might be misunderstanding that lol
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm contemplating a tubal...I have a c-section coming up this December. I'm glad you asked this question and I'll be watching it to see how ladies answer.

After my second baby, my periods were insanely heavy. So, I wonder how much of the heavy periods is just related to having a baby as opposed to the tubal.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009