HOW CAN A CHRISTIAN STUMBLE IN HER FAITH BY HAVING A NON CHRISTIAN FRIEND?

IF A CHRISTIAN HAS A BOND WITH A NON CHRISTIAN FRIEND AND RELIGION IS NOT A SUBJECT THEY TALK ABOUT HOW CAN IT MAKE YOU AS A CHRISTIAN STUMBLE IN YOUR FAITH. IF YOUR FAITH IS STRONG WHY WOULD IT MATTER?

Asked by older at 11:34 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • In my opinion, if your faith is strong, it should not matter at all. After all, Jesus would hang out with tax collectors and others who were considered shady. I could see the argument, however, that if you do not have shared values, another person could lead you astray. But, in the end, Loving Thy Neighbor is a good thing as long as God comes first.
    CVRsmommy

Answer by CVRsmommy at 11:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• why is this question continuously being posted in such a short time. It was posted yesterday, again earlier today and now? Debates are hot and heavy on religion. I just try to remember to read religion often in Answers and the abortion questions too that have already been posted and Obama vs. McCain also instead of causing new fights on the same topics. op, by searching Answers questions you'll see this was so recently debated yesterday, last night.

Lets just nicely tolerate differences. That's all, like who's nice not who's different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• ANON, I AM TRYING TO UNDERSTAND WHY A CHRISTIAN WOULD BE PUT DOWN FOR BEFRIENDING SOMEONE WHO ISN'T. I WASN'T IN THOSE QUESTIONS LAST NIGHT. TALK ABOUT BEING NICE, YOU WEREN'T, I AM NOT STARTING A FIGHT OF ANY SORT, JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND.

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I agree with you..If YOUR faith is strong and you're secure in knowing that you have accepted Jesus into your heart, then what someone else does or doesn't do should not pursuaid you in turning your back on a true friend...I think the goal would be for (the Christian) to live your life as an example to others, and hopefully, by your example they will come to a Saving knowledge of Jesus themselves. We should wait patiently on the Lord...not do HIS work for HIM..
    Stay strong in your faith, pray diligently for your friend, and be there for him/her to answer any questions, to be her "safe place to fall", whatever she needs you to be, and when the time is right with God, she'll see you in a new light. She'll see that becoming a Christian doesn't make you a hypocrit or judge and jury....by being a Christian, you should be seen more "Christ-like" in others eyes....Good luck to you and your friend....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• older, honey, reread my 1040anon where did i say you're a horrible person for posting a repeat question? Please quote from my post where I say similar or that.

Don't feel guilty for your post, you didn't do anything wrong at all - I wondered why so many questions on religion in a short time are being asked over again in a short time.

And I responded nicely directly to your question - that differences should be accepted not turned away. Doesn't mean agree, just accept differences.

You'll get a lot of insight on every topic imaginable by searching Answers questions on a specific word and Answers answers too on a specific word. The history bank in Answers go really far back.

I simply would hate to see the intensity of last nights and yesterday's posts come up again so soon even at all.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• ANON, OK!

Answer by older at 12:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• prov 13:20
    He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

1 Corinthians 15:33:
    33 Don’t be fooled by those who say such things, for “bad company corrupts good character.”

I think that you should surround yourself with people who have the same morals and fear of God as you do, i know sometimes that's not possible. I have a friend that isnt religious but she's a great person, doesnt do anything bad, is a good mom, great values. then i have another friend which i dont mingle w/because she's not a moral person and since we all sin i dont want to be put in a situation where i may become spiritually weak and do something that i'll regret.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• PROUDMOMMA777, WHY WOULD YOU FEAR GOD?

Answer by older at 12:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• hi older, glad we chatted well. My church itself with other churches of all different religions in town gathers one evening a month for different songs and prayers of faith important to each church. That actually strengths friendships in town actually participating in religious services with simiarities of prayer and music between different religions. Who ever the host church is that night receives in full choir regalia a different religion. It's very humbling and enlightening for each home church to actually see in their own church other relgions' words of prayer and songs of prayer. Hope it continues this year too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• ANON 12:30, THAT SOUNDS WONDERFUL!!!!

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009