Working moms?

How much do you bring home a month? How much is day care costs? I babysit making $800 a month sometimes more depending on if I babysit for a second person. My son's stays with me. My DH thinks I could make more somewhere else even after day care costs but I don't think so. I have a high school diploma, no college.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I meant son. I only have one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I work part time and go to school I only make like $600 a month and my grandma and my mom switch off watching my son, I wish I could make more but that's why I'm going to school. I can't afford day care its like $160 a week, if I did there would be no point to work if all I pay for is day care.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:46 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i pay 300 a week daycare at a place so 1200 a month but if i had some one watch my child in their home not in a daycare id never pay more then 600 a month are you licensed ? if so then perhaps 700/800 but if im going to do that much i might as well put her in a daycare with more interaction, i mean after i pay daycare im only bringing in 3 grand a month.. so im thankful my hubby makes a great income cause at 36k a year with just my income would NOT be worth working because i make 50 k a year but now only 36-38k a year due to daycare! so in honesty your hubby should be very happy with the amount you are making!
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If I had to pay for day care I wouldn't be bringing home anything. I think that he should be happy that you are contributing to the family income. I have a friend who pays 600 a month for in home care and it doesn't leave her with much after she pays the sitter, but she has to work to make ends meet. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• When I was working out side the home I brought in about $350 - $400 every 2 weeks working about 36 hours a week (6 days, 6 hours each) At the time I didn't have any healthcare costs. But I decided not to go back when I looked in to daycare and it would run $20 per day per child... Not worth it for me...

Why not do some kind of schooling in your spare time. I have 2 kids, 4 home businesses and I'm still able to find time for school. I am almost done with my second certificate for Bridal Consulting... In total the first certificate I got took me 6 months to get and I am able to work, but I really wanted a beter education than what the first class offered, so I am getting a second. There are lots of classes you can take from home in just an hour or 2 a day... Then you could easily make more that $800 after child care.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I honestly don't think you could make more money anywhere else after daycare costs. Daycare average in my area is $1000/month. I think you're making good money plus you get to stay home with your own child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my son does 2 half days of montessori, dh works opposite schedule to work that, i make about 35,000 per yr, this year i am up for 10 yr bonus of 10,000 too! i wouldnt work if i didnt make enough for daycare. i looked into working from home watching kids but people dont want to pay enough for it imo.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• oh yeah, the 2 days in preschool cost about 200 per month.
    AmaliaD

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This might be something if you're wanting to bring in some extra money. Let me know if I can help answer any questions. But, just my opinion...I think you're making good money watching the kids.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i think it depends on the person and area. I live in Los Angeles CA everyone knows this and Ny are the 2 expensive states lol..I make 2600 a mnth and I pay 160 for my son whos 3 in head start. Before i paid 500 for a private Montessorri. I think it depends where you look because all child cares here are well under 800.00
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 4:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009