Not a team?

hey cafe mom I'm a 21 year old mom who works and start college soon! I'm also engaged to a man thats in the navy hoorahhh lol anyway we been together on/off for 3 years now and he has cheated on me so many times. Now i know i should leave but its easier said then done. Last night we had a conversation about something (damn i forgot what it was) and i had told him i thought we were a team. He scoffs at me and said not as of late?! So i told him do you think we wasting each others time and he said not at all we just been arguing latley. He always blame me for the arguements but its not my fault that he does dum things. like for instace i know its ok to be friends with an ex but its not ok if the ex still have a thing for you! He leads her on to thinking that they have something and just last week he "happend" to see her around?? whatever!!! he just makes me sooo damn mad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• If he is looking around, perhaps you should, too. Not for revenge, but because if you want a future with a man, this one may not be the one since he is interested in other women. Perhaps in the future he will be interested in a relationship with just you, but then again, maybe not. Maybe you should keep your eyes open for a man who thinks that you are the One. I don't mean sleep around of course, but getting to know other men, what they are interested in, and so forth. I don't think your life should be devoted to finding a man, though. I'd think it would be best to develop yourself as a strong woman. Take classes, study, get job training and a job if you don't already have one. Find what you really want in life. (((hugs))) and all the best to you.

Answer by Bmat at 12:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• well listen, get used to it or dont. you know hes a cheater, so now if you stay with him - its your fault. or you could do the right thing, and leave and find someone who is going to respect you and love you and care if he might give you an std or hurt your feelings. i know its easier said then done, im not saying it will be easy, but you just do it and it WILL get easier with time. i did it before, my first love cheated on me so many times, i finally left even though i thought i would never love anyone again and was so upset i wanted to kill myself, now im with someone who i just know would never cheat on me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He doesn't sound like he's ready for marriage. Maybe you should just date him without thinking of the future. It sounds like he's going to play the field for a while.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i understand what both of ya are saying... we were suppose to get married like 2 weeks ago but i postponed it to 2011.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• WAKE UP AND START RESPECTING YOURSELF!!!!

You are not looked at by HIM as a TEAM...you are nothing but a DOORMAT to him

and YOU ALLOW IT!!!!!!

YOU alloW IT!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• What's up with girls wanting all these military men these days, not the best kind of relationship, and they are facing a lot over seas or wherever they are stationed and may come home abusive or violent. Anyway he obviously isn't committed to you and you should dump his ass, at leat you know this now before you marry him and don't think that your sex is gonna keep him, it's just a little on the side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Right on ANON!!!!!! I would never date a man in the military. I am proud of them and grateful for their service to our country, but I don't think a relationship with one is a way to thank them for it. How can you serve your country with a possibility of dying, and selfishly want kids and a wife to mourn you? Don't you think your parents will have a hard enough time? What is the point of being married, if you're never going to be at home anyway (by the way, I have the same feelings for truck drivers). Why would a woman (or man in some cases) want to have a relationship with thmselves, cuz let's face it, if your a army wife or husband, you're a single parent with a check coming to your mailbox every so often. To each his own I guess, but I can't see it. There are plenty of men out there who are able to stay home with their families. I'm not saying that military men don't deserve happiness, but they should wait until they are out
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• lol wow thanks ladies.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009