If you are struggling with your faith what is the best way to come to peace?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There'll always be struggles in all areas of your life. Take it one step at a time.
    JewelzMeow

Answer by JewelzMeow at 11:47 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Pray some more. Remember the blessings you have in your life. Know that if you have some difficulty in your life, that this too shall pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Study study study, and pray. Seriously, I did this and found out that I was struggling because I didn't really believe what my religion was teaching. So I found one that I DID believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I guess it depends on what your beliefs are. As a Christian, my best, best response to this question is to pray..That is the only thing that has ever helped me in any of my struggles. God hears your prayers, and He will answer them..maybe not right now..maybe not next week, but He WILL answer....sometimes we don't get an answer we want ...sometimes His answer is "wait and see." Be patient in your prayer...Remember God doesn't work on our timeline..we work on His..
    I honestly cannot answer for any other religion/belief, because I haven't lived that life or experienced their systems/beliefs...
    The only answer I can give is from my viewpoint as a Christian and what I personally have learned in my 36 years on this planet....
    I will pray for your struggles to be lessened and the burden on your heart be lifted...Sorry you're going through a hard time. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 24, 2009

• lighthousemom3's response reminded me of this scripture: Romans 12:12 (New International Version) 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Easier said than done, but, for a Christian, relying on God to bring you peace is the best route in the long run.

I always fall back on the same scripture when I am having troubles. John 16:33 - 33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Research.

Sometimes we are raised to be or strive to be one religion (because of society/peer pressures) when our heart knows it's not the right one for us. Then again, sometimes we're on the right path from the beginning, but lack enough knowledge of that religion to be confident in our choice.

So --- research. Hit the library. Read about your own religion first - not only from your Holy Book, but from other sources, too. That may answer the questions you have. If not, branch out... start exploring other faiths.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Be sincere in seeking, asking, and praying for God's help and guidance in your life.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 8:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2009