Does anyone know about the religions celebration passada in the Mexican culture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• La Possada at Xmas? I live in one of the last villages in the States that still does it if that's what you're asking about. We go every year.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm not of hispanic descent but isn't that where people get dressed up, like a play. Someone plays Joseph, and someone plays Mary. Neighbors are told ahead of time when it's going to happen, and "Mary and Joseph" go from door to door, knocking and asking for a place to stay, but they all say no. It's to help remember how Mary and Joseph were turned away at the Inns and finally Mary had to give birth in a stable. I think that's the custom, but I can't say for sure.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2009