Do you think he will leave?

I am so in love with my hubby. We have been married almost 9 years. I can't and don't want to imagine my life without him in it. The probem is..I have horriable teeth. No matter how much I bruch, floss, rinse or see the dentist my teeth are going bad. I have a filling in every tooth but a few, had to have 3 pulled in the last 5 years. I try to have good teeth and do everything I am supposed to! I am so scared that I am going to be toothless by 35 (I am 26 now) I am scared, worried, and I don't have anyone to talk to about this. Men (Most anyway) Are hung up on appearence. What if I loose all my teeth and he don't find me attractive anymore? What if he finds someone better? What if he just don't love me anymore because I am not the same as when we were married? I am scared to death he will leave me if this happens b/c well appearence does matter. Do you think he will or do you think I am losing my mind? Please help! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you talked to him about this, what does he say when you go to the dentist or have had your teeth pulled, does he make a big deal about it, what made you feel this would happen?
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• What I'm more wondering about is why you think he doesn't love you enough to stay with the toothless you. Would you leave him if he got into a car wreck and ended up losing all his teeth?

If you are so concerned about this, you obviously need to talk to him about it and tell him your fears...hopefully he'll set you straight. If you are so concerned about your appearance, then maybe you should look into getting false teeth to fill in the spots where you don't have teeth anymore.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• He just says that he will love me no matter what and then jokes that I can wear false teeth all the time. Also said it would be weird seeing me with no teeth :( He said he loves me, I believe that, but I am sure he would be ashamed of me or think I was ungly or something. I just worry about loosing the only thing good (Besides our daughter) in my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My fiance has "summer teeth" as he calls it..

Some are here and some are there....

I fell in love with him and his heart....

If your hubby leaves you because of your teeth....you should just hold the door open for
    him while he is leaving....

Loving someone truly loving someone is beyond appearance..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009