Will my baby be ok if he is born now?

Im 35 weeks prego! I went to the doc today an they informed me that i have indead lost my mucus plug an im dialted 2cm! Doc said it could be soon that i have him or i could still wait til my due date just all depends on when hes ready! But if he was to be born today would he be ok? An is it ok to have sex now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if I would have sex this close... But I think the baby will be ok now. might be a little small, but they're fully developed.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Check with your doctor about having sex, a phone call should be able to find out. 5 weeks early the baby should be fine.

Answer by Bmat at 12:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i wouldnt have sex just because it could speed up the process and you should atleast try and keep em in there as long as you can the baby should be fine but the lungs could be a little undeveloped you never know so if you can help it keep that baby in as long as possible just because your 2cm and your mucus plug came out doesnt mean anything lots of women walk around 2cm for weeks and your mucus plug regenerates so you never know!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Didn't you ask your doctor if your baby would be okay when he told you this information?

My daughter was born at 31 weeks and turned out okay.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I made it to around 37 weeks. I was having contractions for 2 weeks prior. They considered inducing at 35 b/c my fluid levels were dropping, the baby would have been fine, they just managed to put it off until I went in to the er 4-5 times for contractions that weren't doing "enough". If your plug is gone, I wouldn't have sex- that plug protected the uterus from bacteria, etc. Now it's not there, you shouldn't put anything else in. Good luck!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my niece was born at 34 wks she went home 3 days later
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i had my son at 34 weeks and hes perfectly healthy =) i also had sex up until the day i had him.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I had a lot of problems with my second pregnancy and they wanted to deliver me at 35 weeks. I told them I wanted an amnio first to see if his lungs were developed. They were not so I refused the c-section they were pushing on me. I managed to keep him in for two more weeks, but he still had a little trouble breathing and was in a "tent" (getting oxygen) for about 5 hours before I got to see him. Hopefully your little one will stay in for a little while longer, if not he should be fine,but might have a little trouble breathing at first though.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i was 2cm @ 35 weeks and went into labor when i was 36weeks 3days, had my baby the next day...your baby will come when it is ready GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My son was born at 35 weeks. He spent 18 days in the nicu before he came home. Every baby is different. At 35 weeks they may not need to stay and others may need to stay longer. He is now 2 1/2 and has absolutely no problems from being early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009