How can I remeber to take the towels out of the dryer?

I do laundry like 5 loads very 3 days and always do the towels last because they take so lond, but then I get caught doing someting and forget about them or fall asleep, how can I remember them, they all stink now from sitting in the washer.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Oh dear, I am sorry.

My mother uses a portable kitchen timer that she sets next to wherever she is, then it goes off and reminds her. (My washer and dryer are on this floor so I hear when they go off.) If you use the auto setting on your dryer, then set the timer anyway for a reasonable time and check when it goes off. For your washer, figure out about how long it takes and set the timer for that time or a few minutes longer.

Answer by Bmat at 12:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Get a timer and set it to a few minutes after your towels would be done in the washer.

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Do you have a timer? Time them. or do them first. or put a reminder note some where.

Answer by louise2 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Good idea I have to try that. I forget the last load two and it is usually the towels, great mind forget alike.

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My washer and dryer have a chime that I can turn on to go off when the laundry is done

Answer by msfila1980 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• They stink from sitting in the dryer? You need to clean your dryer out if they're stinking for one. I've forgotten laundry in the dryer for quite some time (left some in there for over a week one time when I went on vacation) and they have never stunk..

With that said, like everyone else has said get a timer or set a reminder on your cell phone or something. Or leave a post it note on your pillow that says remember to get the towels out.

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My washer and dryer has a buzzer that goes off when they are finished. I also put my dryer on the wrinkle free setting so when the clothes are finished drying it will continue to tumble on an air cycle and buzz every few minutes reminding me to come take them out.

Answer by Melindakc at 3:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No she said they stink from sitting in the washer not dryer.If they sit in the dryer no problem duh.Can you not read the question?The best advice is the timer great idea.

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• To get the stink out just rewash them before you dry them. I have this issue myself - and it's not just towels! A-lot of ovens and microwaves you can set the timer on without turning the applicance on so I'll be trying this myself as well.

Answer by jennifermadi at 12:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2009