are any of you moms quiverful?

I was just wondering if any of you moms on cafemom were Quiverful. For thoes of you who don't know quiverful familys basically let God send them as many blessings as he wants, they trust God will provide for the family and do not use birthcontrol

Bjoycassell

Asked by Bjoycassell at 12:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To be honest.. I think anyone who does that is insane.. I mean seriously.. Letting "God" control how many kids you have? You will continue to get pregnant as long as you don't use some form of birth control the world is already overpopulated and on it's way to hell in a hand basket why continue to contribute to it and then using the excuse that God will only give you as much as you can handle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• We are against artificial birth control, but we do practice NFP. So we aren't quiverful, but not far from it.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 12:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I must agree with Anon... Anyone that believes God will just take over and make things happen is nuts! No matter your belief, you have to believe in free will. God isn't going to take that away, he gave it to you! Use some common sence and take life in to your hands. Don't stop giving god a spot, but don't let your belief in god stop you from being someone with an ounce of sence...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Nope... after all the troubles I had with my last 2 pregnancies to the point where I couldn't walk and I could barely get up after sitting down due to severe back pain I was told that I shouldn't try again. I have 4 beautiful kids, that's all I need. But for those who don't have any pregnancy issues I guess it would be cool. We always did natural family planning so it was sort of like letting God decide. Dh got a vasectomy though after our youngest was born.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• We are a quiverful family! We only use NFP to give enough spacing between pregnancies due to serious health problems (me) and allow the new nursling enough time as "the baby".
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 1:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wish. :( Pray for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I believe God gives you the children he thinks you deserve, although I use contraception. I was once in two relationships where I didn't use birth control at all. One I never conceived, another i conceived but miscarried. I don't think God thought that those men deserved children, or maybe I wasn't destined to have another baby at those times (God don't give you anything you cannot handle), but the one day me and my husband (then fiance), just one day we weren't careful and forgot to use a condom, I got pregnant, and successfully delivered the baby. Either it was meant to be between my husband and I, or I was just lucky I guess. How would you interpret that?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I put my trust in birth control.  I know better than anyone how many kids I can emotionally, physically and financially handle. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• We used to believe that way. Then the money got too tight after baby #4 and life happened. I was hoping to have more but I actually got very selfish, decided to pursue my own wishes, and now I regret it. But, it is too late, I have had a tubal. Though I am no longer Christian, I still wish I would have made some different decisions.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 1:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No, we are not, but I don't find fault with anyone who wishes to have a family that way. After four babies in four years and due to my health problems we decided that was enough for us. We are happy with the decision.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 2:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009