what do you think?

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele appeared to express agreement last week as a conservative radio host interviewing him trashed the leadership of the Republican Party and ripped Missouri Senate candidate Roy Blunt for having an affair with a tobacco lobbyist.

With Steele on the phone, conservative Missouri radio host Vincent David Jericho repeatedly disparaged key Republicans.

Midway through the interview, Jericho called the entire Republican leadership and House Minority Leader John Boehner (Ohio) in particular, "an absolute freaking joke."

"I'm not just some voice flapping in the wind," Jericho said. "I am speaking for hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americas who are feeling the same way. For God sakes, the Republican Party is supposed to stand for something. Why don't they stand up and lead. Because some of the leadership with Boehner and some of these other guys are a joke.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And you can't say anything. They are an absolute freaking joke."

"I'm with you," replied Steele. "I'm 1,000 percent with you. I agree with you. When I use the word 'healing' I absolutely agree with you. It is about leadership, first and primarily. What I was saying there, there is a lot of pain that comes out of the '06-'08 cycle, because of the things we failed to do."

Spokespeople from both Boehner's office and the RNC insisted that Steele's comments were directed at the broad direction of the GOP and not the minority leader himself.

"It sounds like Chairman Steele agrees with Leader Boehner that our party lost its way, and part of our responsibility is earning back the trust of the American people by offering better solutions to the problems they face," said a Boehner spokesman named, oddly enough, Michael Steel.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Later in the interview, when Jericho again set his sights on GOP officials, Steele again was agreeable. This time the target was former Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt and his father (and current Senate candidate) Roy Blunt (R-Mo.).

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It's just spin.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• oops without the R*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I smell sh*t on someone's nose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well damn I deleted the post lol..

Well DER this is why I am conservative without the R until the GOP gets it together..ridding of the RINOS would be a GREAT start..one is gone Specter the man who cannot decide if he is pub or dem
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm a Libertarian. Both major parties suck eggs. The Repubs are falling apart, the Dems are freaking out, and I'm looking towards so new leadership in the future.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well, of COURSE they are both expressing frustration at how ineffective the Republican trademark has fumbled. And they both are working to get the Republican Party clearer about its values.
    As Glenn Beck explains, in the last decades, we have had increasing liberalism / progressivism in BOTH Parties, with the result that there is no actually Conservative leadership.
    ( By the way, "progressive" is the label for the attitude that all law - even the Constitution - must be constantly shifting to accomodate the changing values and morals of the society ... and "Conservative" believes that some things are actually true, and REMAIN true, and that our laws - AND OUR CONSTITUTION - must NOT be fluid and wishy-washy. )

These two men want to bring Conservatism back into focus, and get rid of the moral and philosophical weakness which has resulted from GOP trying to please the media.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think it is a confusing statement
    Vincent David Jericho? I have no idea who this representative of millions of Americans is. I think he is mistaken at the least. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

LOL..This definately opens the door, maybe a third party could walk through it!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009