how to get married?

S.O. and I want to run off and have an intimate tiny wedding with just us and our baby. We don't want to waste time and money on plans, guests, party halls, religious ceremonies, and all that jazz. Just something for our little family that's official. How do we go about this without paying crazy money for plane tickets to Vegas? LOL Who do we get the marriage license from if we want something a little sweeter and romantic than going to court?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Go down to the court house. It'll cost you $100.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i went to vegas and only spent 600 on hotel plane and wedding...www.worryfreevacations.com
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh and we stayed 6 days 5 nights
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yeah courthouse, but if you want to get away research on the internet chapels in your state that marry you like they do in vegas, then and there. In TN in piegon forge, they have little white chapels everywhere and cabins to rent, really nice and in tourist destination.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I agree go to courthouse and put the rest of money if you have extra and do a couple of days or a couple of different weekend days on day trips as memories with your baby and new hubbie!

Congratulations Mommy and Daddy and Baby!!!! Blessings To YOU!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I know in Mi it only takes 3 weeks to get your marriage license, and I'm sure it's about the same in other states. Find a really romantic chapel in your area (state), maybe close by a bed and breakfast, where you can go after. I think you have the right idea. Although my wedding was small and boring, I think we would've had more fun if we would have eloped, too...It's too much hassle and everyone thinks they have a say in your special day. Congradulations!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• just do a lil online research. First off, vegas tickets are cheap no matter where you are coming from. There are ALWAYS deals to vegas, I have gotten round trip tickets from Atlanta, to Vegas for $99.00.

Look up "marriage license in......" in whatever state you want to get married in, & there will be all kinds of sites w/ the guidlines. Then you can type in "wedding chapels" in Vegas, or wherever, & you will get an idea of the wedding details, such as cost & what not. Just use google, it's easier than asking here.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Call the courthouse in your county. They issue the license. Ask the price. They are different in different states. Then you can contact a Justice of the Peace or in Florida even a Notary Public can perform marriages (like at the beach). If you have a church you could ask your pastor. I had my third wedding in the basement of the church. My sister had her's in the pastor's office. Just make sure you get the license from the county courthouse so you can make sure it's legal

Answer by admckenzie at 2:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You could easily get married in a church on a weekday and then take your nearest and dearest out to a nice restaurant for lunch. You should include your parents and siblings. You are bringing two families together. What would that come to 7-20 people. Nice plain white dress off the rack $80. nice suit (check his closet)  License $25-$100. pay the minister $100. bring digital camera. lunch for 20 people $400.  Real wedding for less than some girls pay for a dress.  You only need 24 hours notice an no blood test in NY.  Include your family, it is worth it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thanks ladies. But I was thinking even smaller. We don't have passports and don't want to travel right now. We have different religious preferences and neither of them is very important to us. So we're just staying away from that and the fees that come with it. We also don't want to cater to other people on OUR wedding day. We feel it's something just for us. No guests needed or even wanted. How would we go about say a little ceremony on the beach or even in our backyard?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009