3-6 month toys

my daughter is almost 5 months nd i wanna get her some toys since she only has a couple. wat toys are best for a 5 months old.

haileysmama09

Asked by haileysmama09 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son still likes his bouncer, but he just recently started playing in his exersaucer thing...he stands in it and can spin around (doesnt do that yet) but he loves the toys on it bc they are big and loud and he can move them....they have different kinds of those from all prices. I limit my sons time in those types of toys and usually will give him his rattles teethers and mirror toys when hes on his tummy. or I put him in front of a big mirror. he loves that. He loves just interacting with me. and books. i put those on the floor when hes on his tummy and he will try to move them. I read to him once a day at least too. Once he can sit up I will be able to give him other things but right now its limited and hes pretty happy just playing peek a boo.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• make some... zip lock bag, fill with hair gel & little hard things= zip it shut and place tape over the zipper end, she can push/squeeze it to make the objects move.. another one is a can of whip cream and a plastic place mat... spray the whip cream on the place mat and let her "move" the whip cream to find the picture.... you can make puzzles out of food boxes... remember all these games and activities will help her developmentally but will require your supervision... have fun and be creative
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 1:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yeah id be hesitante to use a zip lock bc my son is about to get a tooth and he has everything in his mouth...you would have to watch every second. that is not a good idea at all if it busted, hair gel is not gonna be too healthy for an infant to get in their mouth.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 1:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• if your gonna use things from home use a few bowls....not dangerous items that baby will put in mouth.
    soveryconfused

• Mine just played with hand rattles at that age, and stuffed toys.
    Now she is almost 6 months and I got her one of those toys where you push the buttons/turn knobs and the animals pop up. She is only able to open two of them but she loves trying to close them.
    She likes the tv remote so Im gonna get her one of those little baby remote/phones that light up and such
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh another thing that will distract her for a good while is I put her in her jolly jumper and she has this wobbly penguin that is almost as tall as her and when shes jumping and playing she will kick it and hit it and it wobbles and makes silly noises. She thinks it is so fun and it is a great way to tire her out and get her active!

She also likes watching my cat or my moms dog. So Ill put her in her exersaucer and play with my cat in front of her. She just laughs and laughs.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• glow worms,staking toys,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009