Is it normal...

to be so stinkin' tired? I am a little over 5 weeks pregnant & just feel so tired all of the time. I just can't seem to get motivated.Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh god yes. Plan on having days where you wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, lay back on the couch and sleep until dinner time, eat dinner, then go to bed. The first trimester is a HORRIBLY sleepy time. It was like that for me until probably 15 weeks. Maybe a little sooner. And just a heads up before it hits you (cause if you don't have it yet, you might soon). Carbs and salt are the things that sit best on a pregnant stomach. If you have nausea for long enough, and start loosing weight, your doc can prescribe you a medicine called Zofran for your morning sickness.
    I went through all that first tri-mester stuff just 7 months ago so if you need to talk to someone, feel free to message me.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 1:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yep, normal...your body is working overtime to make a baby. Take naps and make sure you are getting your vitamins
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes it's normal. I was like that at the beginning of my pregnancy and now I'm 36 weeks and all I want to do is SLEEP!!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 1:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009