too soon to get Married?

I got divorced...quickly...a little over 3 years ago. I fell in love ...quickly lol...after my divorce. Now, we're getting married. My mom says it's too soon. But she is old fashioned in every way possible.

Is 3 years too soon to re-marry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont think it is to soon at all my husband was divorced for a year when we got married and I had just came out of a long relationship. We dated for 6 months and was married no one can put a limit on how long it takes you to fall in love. My husband and I have never felt the way we do now with each other it is wonderful!!!!! and we have been married almost 3 years and I love him more everyday!!!! I think if your inlove then go for it you can only make you happy!!!
    Miranda123006

Answer by Miranda123006 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If you're ready and doing it because you are in love then no.. it's not too soon
    If you're doing it only because you WANT to be married, then yes it is.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:15 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It varies upon the person...if you feel that this is right, then who's to say it isn't. If you have no reservations, then go for it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• 3 years is awhile. You're not talking 3 months but you do need to ask yourself why you are getting married. Are you doing this because you both feel it's right for what you both want or are you doing this because you are lonely? If you feel you're doing this for the wrong reasons, regardless of how long it's been, then don't do it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I didn't even read you explanation.....I think that if YOu are questioning it, then it IS too soon.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• staying married is just hard sometimes.Getting married is the easy part.I don't think there is a standard time you have to wait.But the problem is baggage.We all have it.Especially after a divorce.Men have it just as bad as we women do.I think that is what they are refering to.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My mom got a divorce and remarried a year later. She is happier than I have ever seen her. I think Life is short. If your happy thats all that matters.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 1:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thankyou ladies. I know i am getting married for the right reasons. I am not lonely, and i dont want to do it "just to be married" I'm not stupid...lol!

We know & accept each others baggage. It comes w/ the package, we understand that. We have been together for 3 years & living together for 1 1/2 years, & . I think we'd know by now what baggage we can & can't handle.

Thankyou ladies! I don't think it's too soon. But i wondered what others might think after my mom's comments. She is just bitter from 3 sour marriages....lol! So I appreciate taking your time to answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• nope 3-5 yrs after a divorce is the perfect time to marry

Answer by admckenzie at 2:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I get remarried a few months after my divorce was final. We were sepereated for 1 1/2 before the divorce anyway. I've never been happier in my life. I finally found "the one" & there is not time limit on that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009