Swine Flu Shot....

Are you going to have your child get this shot? Why or why not??
I am not because it seems everytime they have a new medication/shot for something with in a few months they are finding things wrong with it or you see one of those comericals wanting to have you call because there's a lawsuit, I am sorry but we don not feel safe doing the shot I have a in coming 7th grader tomorrow and we don't think it is worth the risk.

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in

• Nope!!!

My child is not a guinea pig to test out new vaccines and medications. There is more risk from the actual vaccination than there is if he happened to get the swine flu.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No --- for much the same reasons as you. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• NO. No one in my family will get this shot. It caused problems back in the mid 70's and I don't think it is any better now. And yes this shot has been given before. It's not 100% new.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes. They are and currently have been using the N1H1 vaccine in Europe for some time now....not much needed in the way of testing. So far no issues in Europe. The vaccine is not even remotely the same vaccine in the 70's. There are way different ingredients and many of the ingredients are already in the regular flu shot given with some differences to protect specifically for the N1H1 virus. I have already signed up for the first dose.  It is a two step process with each dose 21 days a part.  My son and my husband will also be vaccinated.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Every medical journal and article I've read all have about the same important thing in them, "There will be no guaranteed compensation for anyone harmed—not even under the NVICP—because these vaccines will not be adequately tested for safety, much less for effectiveness." Basically anyone that gets the vax will be a lab rat. I no for a fact neuro dr's and other medical personal have been advised to be on the look out for GBS that these shots have caused in the past and may still cause. Please show me some info where Europe has been giving out this vax. Plus I would love some stats on how many have suffered a major side effect. And just b/c europe is giving the vax, the virus can change many times before it hits us. Can the shot protect you after the virus has changed?

lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• We don't get the flu shots either because 4 out of 5 times we have we were sicker than the year we skipped so we personally thing there is to much of these things being created and not checked out until somthing goes wrong or someone gets real sick and or dies. Wash your hands, stay at home when you are sick, don't drink after one another and sanatize things.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009