tubal pregnancy

whats tubal pregnancy can you die
what are the symptoms

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had an ectopic pregnancy. There were not really any symptoms early on - maybe some dull pain in the lower abdomen. My OB knew there was something wrong because my HCG levels were not what they were supposed to be so they did a vaginal ultrasound. Later on there are symptoms but they are usually related to a rupture. And yes, it's very serious and you could die if you didn't get to the ER quickly.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 2:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I had an ovarian ectopic meaning the egg and sperm met at the ovary and implanted. I had already had my tubes tied. I had sharp pains, I mean baad pain, light bleeding and after it burst (because i had an idiot Dr.who didn't do a pg test)I almost bled to death before they got me into surgery. Took 2 pints of blood. You will know if you have a burst tube. Check with the Dr if you think you are pg or having problems. Don't wait for the worst to happen.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The only symptom I had was extreme cramping. It was horrible. It started on the weekend and by Monday morning I had to go to Urgent care because it hurt so bad. I went in and they said I was pregnant and that I needed an ultrasound right away. When they found out I had an ectopic pregnancy, I was sent to the hospital where I stayed overnight and had surgery the next morning to remove it. If it bursts, you can die from the bleeding. They also had to remove part of my tube because it was attached to the tube. It is not a fun experience.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009