Do you & your Family plan on having the Swine Flu Vaccine?

I say "No thank you" to the new swine flu those who are lining up in the fall are going to be the guinea pigs who will tell those marvelous health officials just how many recipients will become collateral damage for what they consider to be the greater good of public health. The seasonal flu shot earns no gold stars either in that last season's cocktail was deamed to be only 41% effective to provide protection against coming down with the flu.
If a product works less than half the time. . .it doesn't work. Also, most seasonal flu shots still contain a full 25 micro grams of thimerisol which most parents are led to believe is no longer present in childhood vaccines. Will the swine flu shot, which requires two doses, carry the same amount of mercury? Parents will then be expected to get that double dose of swine flu vaccine for kids along with the seasonal flu shot delivering 75 micro grams of thimerisol to their children

MamaRita

Asked by MamaRita at 1:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• I don't think we will be getting a flu shot at all. I have honestly never had one, and never had the flu either. Why mess with a good thing? Now, my hubby had to get a flu shot every year he was in the ARMY and everytime he got sick! So I think that we will pass on the flu shot this year too.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• And the adjuvant squalene which is suspected in Gulf War Syndrome. NO THANKS. The drug companies are going to make a fortune off this one. I will not subject my family to this vaccine. The danger could lurk ten years down the road and by then no one will trace it to Swine Flu. No, not happening.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• We will not be getting the vaccine.

Back in the 60's or 70's when the Swine Flu was going around, the government pushed a vaccine to be ready and, I believe, it was mandatory for people to take it. It had very negative side effects that even caused people to die.

We'll take our chances with the flu, thank you very much.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You can have your doctor order single dose preservative free vaccines; this is important for people with compromised immune systems and many chronic diseases.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:47 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• In the 70s when the government came out with the vaccine for (I believe) it was the avian flu, or possibly the swine flu, it wasn't the preservative that caused all the problems. We won't be getting the vaccine.

Answer by missanc at 1:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No...absolutely NOT!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No way!
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 3:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes we will
    My 12 year old sister has swine flu right now.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Um No.. we will refuse it and all vaccines.

The Flu Vaccine has a HUGE failure rate..

And I'd rather deal wit the Swine Flu than the after effects of an UNTESTED Vaccine.

It is not a MAGIC SHOT!!!!!
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I don't think so, just because there haven't been ANY reported cases in my area. I'm going to ask my pediatrician about it though.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009