How did your babies (kids) react to the first day of school?

Mine did great only my first grader started to complain about a tummy ache I told her you will be fine you are just having butterflies in your tummy bc you have not been at school for awhile she cried alittle and stopped after I told her she can take a small favorite stuff animal in her backpack but do not play with it just take a peek to see if she is ok atleast you'll know she is in there waiting for you to bring her home so you can play with her...she liked that and was fine...I am so proud of my big girl.

Hope this helps any mommy out there if it can work for their little girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Today was the first day and my kids were mostly excited. My 1st grader was nervous because 1st grade is so different from kindergarten at our school (the kindergarten is a huge room filled with toys and fun). But they all had a great day. My 4th grader is doing her homework, my 1st grader is napping and my 2nd grader is eating lunch. Tomorrow is the first full day of school and then no school on Wed., lol. Goofy schedule.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The kids did great, mom had some tears. We have been going for half days for a week, we will see what happens Wednesday when my lo has his 1st full day of kindergarden and gets to bring his own lunch.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 3:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My older ones were fine. My 7 year old tried to convince me he was sick (he has never liked school), and my DD happily went off to her first day of kinder, but was exhausted when she got home!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My kids did great and so did I. I was more worried about me than them lol. Though my son has some issues behaving he did well on his first day. I just hope the others go well too. Then my 4yr old went into pre-k and did well also. Today was just the first day too and they got out early. I'm hopeful for the rest of this week.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• The only concern mine had was whether or not I was driving them to school. They wanted to ride the bus! They went off to school, I came inside (the bus stop is at the end of our driveway), and took a nap. LOL

Mine are in 1st (girl) and 2nd (boy.)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:20 PM on Aug. 25, 2009