hoarders

do you watch that show? on A&E. It always motivates me to clean and get rid of stuff. I think I have a small mild hoarding problem what about you?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 1:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• I think I have a mild hoarding problem too. My dh will def. say I do! It's with clothes. I have a big family and lots of grandkids, and I always feel like I need to collect clothes for them. I have boxes and boxes of kids clothes in different sizes. I have clothes of every size and for every season. I even have diapers in different sizes...not full packs, but a few left from grandkids as they outgrew them. I have this weird feeling like someone is going to drop their kid off to me with no clothes or something.....can't really explain why I feel the need to do this. I have been trying to cut it down, and not save so much,.,..but it is hard.....I feel like someone may need these clothes oneday!

I know I'm weird....BUT...if a grandkid comes over I always have clothes or diapers for them. If parents forget to bring clothes or pj's...I have it covered.......oh well.....
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No I am the anti hoarder i throw out anything and everything i haven't touched in a month. i even throw out toys that i notice my son isn't playing with much. that show disgusts me.
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Me too...I kind of like it when my dh is with me bc he wants to throw or donate everything one day I let him take of it (bc all the stuff is put away and I don't see it anyway so if I don't see it I won't miss it...well it depends what it is) anyway the area that was really bad man it sure made a difference when he was done...the biggest thing we recently got rid of was those sofa/bed fouton it was really nice I did not want to get rid of it but it was taking alot of space so we took it to the nearest purple heart I felt bad but at the same time toild myself maybe some poor soul will have a better use of it....Not to mention I still have stuff to get rid of like clothes that don't fit (for me and the kids)
    stacks of papers (from the kids from school) and stuff here and there I have seen worse though.
    I am slowly getting to it I promised my self and dh. GL Do something quick or it will soon swallow us...so to speak..lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• No. I am not a hoarder, but I believe in Making do, or doing without. We don't waste money buying disposable things. I only buy things that can be reused or passed on. This attitude of just throwing stuff away will bite you in the butt one day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I mostly do it with my kids stuff I have a lot of art work from them with scribbles on it but it hurts me to throw it away, how do you deal with that particular issue? or toys how do you get rid of toys? Sometimes my girls don't play with them but months later they find interest in them and it becomes there favorite toy and then I feel happy that I didn't trhwo them away!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I've just heard of this show, twice today as a matter of fact. I think I have a little bit of a hoarding problem also, i grew up with a father that does it as well. We donate alot to charity, but it always seems like there is more and more stuff. I wish I could get a dumpster and toss it all sometimes!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am the opposite of a hoarder. I throw out everything and it's actually caused problems because I've tossed out important papers that were later needed. I just HATE clutter and eveything in my house has a nice, neat place where it belongs.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have a tupper shoe box for each of my kids and grandkids. It fits on the top shelf of the closet. I only keep things that will fit in that box. It works well for us. I cleaned out the toybox last week. We also have a place called "the home for things that don't have a home" referred to as "the home" at our house. We keep assorted things there, trauma shears, duct tape, string, things like that live there. It's so handy!
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think my husband is he keeps everything! Not like on the show but we have so much junk!
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My sisters husband is...he has 2 good sized sheds and 3 good sized rooms plus a sauna filled with crap! bikes from 10 yrs ago that are still in boxes and even snowmobile engines from 20 yrs ago!!
    20 years of gifts given to them that are piled in closets still in boxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2009