Sharp pains in my side..32 weeks.. Help

I have been in pain all night and morning. I have been having sharp period like cramping all day. I just got up and I have a sharp shooting pain on the lower part of my left side. What could it be? Any advice please!?!?!?!

Candiecane22704

Asked by Candiecane22704 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doc first. But also try doing the opposite of whatever you are doing, that should stop it if it's BH contractions. Like go for a walk if you've been sitting all day or lay down if you've been active. Time them too, if they are regular, it could be early labor.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The sharp shooting pains is unfortunately normal and is from your ligaments and muscles stretching. It's called round ligament pain. It's also normal to have contractions at the end. As the PP suggested, if you've been active, try laying down on your left side and resting. If you've been sedentary, try walking around. Don't worry about them unless they are coming regularly and getting more intense and more frequent. If they are regular and picking up, it could be early labor.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009