Jon and Kate plus 8 fans....I have a question(no bashing here)

I just sat here with my 4 yr old and watched the episode where kate went for a tummy tuck and a week away for a haircut and some pampering(i caught the last ten mins of it). I noticed how happy they were after her "spa week" and I'm just wondering if you noticed a point during their marriage where things started to get "hairy" so to speak. I wonder if they had gotten counseling before all heck broke loose on the show and in their marriage. Do you think maybe if jon had gotten a vacation away from the cameras even if that may have saved their marriage? Was counseling even an option at any point in the show?

I just feel so bad for those kids, and thinking about how they were such a loving family at one point and now they have gone separate ways.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this as I was just curious and not really an avid "fan". I watch it on occasion.

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 2:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sure, they could have saved their marriage and maybe still can, with counseling and cancelling the show. It was very telling when Jon said he wanted to stop filming and Kate said, "We'll see" because she likes it and doesn't care that Jon doesn't. Maybe stopping would have been enough to save their marriage.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yeah i'm really curious because in all the articles i've read(well just a couple anyway that i've had time to read LOL) and all the media coverage never once did i hear anyone mention counseling.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think Jon's actions now says enough to show that they weren't happy for while a while...at least he wasn't. I don't know if the show had anything to do with it. Jon belly-ached that he didn't like all the publicity, but yet since splitting with Kate, that's all he has sought out...even talking about doing ANOTHER reality show, so it does make you wonder.

I think they faked their happiness for the cameras and probably also for the kids and I honestly never saw any point to where it's like "something's wrong."
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• She was always blah blah blah ..but ya know what..he was too thats how they got along....

Its sad their marriage ...broke...right in front of the whole world to see,
    They should be ashamed..honestly....more so john for not even being in the picture..saying

"He's in love" With another woman.
    Kate held her head high when this went down..my heart would have shatterd in a million peices..maybe she is heartless or...she is composed,
    All i know..
    Is that the kids will and can see later in the future..how their whole lives were exploited..and destroyed
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think they still could if Jon wanted to. Kate has made it it pretty clear that the separation was HIS idea. OH and to those who say that Jon didn't want to continue PLEEEZE! He is actually negotiating the details for a "Celebrity Divorced Dad Club" reality show! Je keeps saying "I'm only 32 years old" Ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• They are both to blame, they can still get help and they should do what's best for their kids. Maybe she should go to the spa more often, wait she does like every episode!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I dont care how much Kate was mean to him. She doesn't deserve to see her husband in love with another woman all over the media. Yes they are separated but they are still married. I wonder when marriage or the ideal of it went down tubes. I married for keeps. If my marriage goes down the tubes there won't be another. I honored my vows. I think Kate knew about the other women for some time and that is how she is able to hold her head high. Also in the Valentines Day episode like 2 years ago..Kate mentioned counseling. They were taking dancing lessons and such to have couple time. Then only reason I know that is that it was on a rerum recently. That episode they were so cute and in love. It made me sad for them.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Kate filed for divorce BEFORE Jon. She said that his actions left her no choice even though it wasnt what she really wanted. He filed later the same day. That leads me to believe he really did have an affair. The first years of the episodes were pretty okay. They didnt seem to have any more drama than any other family, but I would say in the last, oh...3 years, its gotten bad. I think they realized that their drama did well with the ratings and they began playing a lot of it up and even doing it deliberately for ratings. Better ratings= more money. That has come back to bite them in the butt. I saw this coming for a long time, but I wasnt sure exactly how it would play out. I feel so badly for those sweet kids because they dont deserve this. Maybe they can get a family discount on therapy.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I really enjoyed what i caught of this episode today. They really did seem like an average family. And it is so so sad that their marriage has to end. It seems like she got more bossy or something in the few episodes I caught in the beginning of the year here, compared to the last time I saw the show(which was a while ago before that LOL). Like i said i wasn't a big fan of the show, but thought it was entertaining seeing how this family lives with all those kids. I have a big family and it's a struggle here too when I have all the kids running around every direction and fighting and we're having an off day. But we don't have the public in our every waking move either.
    That has to be hard. You're trying to be this "other person" for the tv and can't really relax and just be yourself sometimes. I mean their true colors came out but I wonder if they would have made it through this if it wasn't for tv cameras glorifying it.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I haven't really kept up with all the gossip and stuff since they started having problems. I was really disappointed. I think if they need to completely give up the show and concentrate on their marriage and family. I think they could save their marriage if they would just stop the craziness!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009