Anyone else pregnant and sick of being asked about it?

I don't understand why a complete stranger needs to know when I'm due, if I'm married, if I was trying...Or why someone would need to tell me how big I am. Anyone else agree that this is just plain rude? What do you say to people when they ask?

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 2:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was walking through the state fair yesterday and walked by a lady who asked me when I was due. I told her as I walked by but thought, why the heck do you care and who the heck are you. It is so random sometimes. Also, I love when people ask me if I'm excited. Of course I'm excited. I just want to reply with something stupid. Also, all my husbands family always tells me she is going to be a big baby. It pisses me off. What are they trying to say?
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I so agree...ppl act like I dont already know Im HUGE and that they need to tell me again. I also hate when ppl touch my belly without asking, or they start poking and pushing her, to make her move. If she doesn't move when you first touch me SHE ISNT GOING TO!!!!! I dont really mind them askig me if im married, b/c I am, but it does bug me when the same person ask me 3 times when are you due? cant they remember?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh I know, I have regular customers at work that ask me every.freaking.time they see me when I am due. I've started saying "soon, what can I get for you?" lol
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I don't so much mind the when are you do question. it's all the way too perosnal ones like asking about test results and wanting to feel the baby move. And the horror stories!!!! ugh! no offense but I really don't want to hear about you 3 day long labor
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Honestly, I just answered and moved on with what I was doing. People get excited about new life whether they are connected to it or not. I honestly hated the belly touching more than anything, I mean come on, HANDS OFF, it is still MY belly.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I just WISH someone would ask me something. I am measuring a full month ahead of my 8 months and a week, so I know I have a baby bump damn it. I NEVER get asked when I am due, no one EVER touches my belly, and no one even comments on the pregnancy (unless of course they know me). I want to be the one everyone stares at and asks stupid questions, lol. I am sure if the shoe were on the other foot I would have a different opinion, but I swear, it's like every stranger in the world is oblivious to the fact that I am growing another person.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009