My girls are up at the crack of dawn!

It's just getting more and more ridiculous! My daughters (11 months and 27 months) have to share a room now. They did great in the beginning, but now they're waking one another up at around 5:30 am and nothing I do can convince them to go back to bed. The little one naps in the morning and in the afternoon, the older one naps in the afternoon only. I've tried moving around their bedtimes, but nothing changes their wake-up time (it used to be this way for our older daughter, too, only her internal alarm was set on 7am, not 5:30). Their room is totally dark, they're getting up before anyone in the house, I just don't know what it could be!! (And it's not always the baby waking up first -- they take turns waking one another up).

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 2:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So your 1 year old and 2 year old wake up at 5:30 in the mornig? Well you get up at 5:30 am too.
    My DD's got up early for years. Tell they became teens. Get use to it:)

Answer by louise2 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Obviously I do get up with them at 5:30. I'm asking the question because they were both sleeping until 7 or 7:30 in separate rooms (my little one hasn't nursed at night for quite some time). My little one especially seems extremely tired and fussy at that hour, like she doesn't want to be up but can't return to sleep.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:45 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• well,when I want to sleep in a little longer on the weekends, i put some toys in my DD's crib and let her play for a bit. She usually doesn't cry and falls back to sleep herself. But she's not sharing a room. Could they be waking up to play together? Sounds like they were doing better in separate rooms. I watched a Nanny 911 episode where the Nanny made the kids have separate rooms b/c they were waking each other up.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009