My husband was perscribed cefdinir for acne

He's leaving for basic in a month and his doctor perscribed him cefdinir for acne. It says on the bottle that it is for infections. Has anyone taken this antibiotic for ance? If so how fast did it work? He only has a little less than 30 days left to get rid of it, or else they will not ship him. He get's acne real bad in the summer from sweating.

BillmanWife

Asked by BillmanWife at 2:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• I take tetracycline for acne, and as long as I wash my face in the morning with my sulfur soap and wash off my make up at night, I notice a difference within a week. It is also an antibiotic. So yeah, just make sure he keeps his face washed and doesn't touch his face with his fingers.
    kmg0528

Answer by kmg0528 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I have been taking my daughter to the dermatologist for over a year for acne. She began having bad breakouts at about 13 and then they began NOT going away. I wasnt about to let her go through the heartache of having scars on her face. They put her on Epiduo and an oral antibiotic. Within a few weeks the AB stopped working so we went to something stronger. We kept the Epiduo and started on Doxycycline which is basically the same thing as Tetracycline or any other AB. This made her skin burn. She couldnt be in the sun, she couldnt swim, she was miserable. I happened be telling this to my g-mother and she read in an article that Milk of Magnesia was a natural acne fighter. Just the regular kind, not the mint. It couldnt hurt, right? So I bought it and she began using it like a mask. Within 2 weeks, every blemish she had was gone. Ive never seen her face look so good. The AB's are annoying. TRY THIS! I was amazed.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh, and tea tree oil works well, too. It just has a strong smell. you can get a roll on kind at places like Whole Foods.
    kmg0528

Answer by kmg0528 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i know a product called clenziderm that works for me. nothing else ever worked. its not sold in stores though. message me if you want to know more.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009