Do you have a staple that you make every winter or Christmas that you would like to share?

Such as drinks hot or cold. w/ or w/out liqour

or food

we need a holiday staple in our home.

thanks ladies

ClvDandJ

Asked by ClvDandJ at 2:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• We make sugar cookies. The kids love helping with them because they get to help cut them out and then after they are cooled off we get to decorate them however we want. I put bowls of frosting in front of each kid and let them choose what colors to make. One year we had bright pink reindeer. It's a blast and so much fun.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Glowwine (in german Gluehwein)
    Heat dry red wine with a cinnamon stick, orange and lemon peel. Don't boil!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 2:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Quiche-breakfast style-eggs, bacon etc...
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My home made pecan pie. My family loves it, so I make two. It's quick to put together and takes maybe 30-40 min. to bake.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:59 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• crazypink is that Glug? I love it! We have it at one of our Aunt's house at Christmastime. Speaking of drinks, we make Coquito. It's coconut cream, coconut milk, cinnamon, egg whites, sugar and Rum. So good.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my mother used to make giant hershey kisses from scratch...she had this very old funnel that when turned over looked just like a huge hershey kiss...what she would do is put it upside down on tinfoil and wrap it in it...then insert another funnel into the small end and pour melted chocolate into it till it was full and then waited for it to solidify...once it did she would put the funnel in hot water to loosen the chocolate and then wrap it in tinfoil...it was a treat me and my sister LOVED! well untill the old funnel cracked... :((
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Pull a part 'Monkey Bread" We have made it every Christmas eve we've been married. The kids help as they get older. The eating is fun..but really it is all about the time together doing it. Well, many years my husband was deployed so just me and the kids did it and took pics to send to Dad. There are lots of quick recipes on the interent for it..but I still make my dough from scratch and I use an angel food pan.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I don't know if this is what you mean but ever Thanksgiving we have Turkey and Christmas we have ham...unless both sides are getting together at the same time then we do both!

I like trying new things at the holidays, but we always have sweet potato casserole!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It's not Christmas without ooey gooey chocolate chips cookies, or ricotta cookies.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Ragulach, with rasperry preserves instead of cinnamon. yum.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2009