I have been having issues with my hair falling out, more so than it has in the past. Suggestions for shampoo, vitamins, or diet that may help??

I had a baby in June of 08 and the Essure procedure in Dec 08 to make sure we have no more babies. Not sure if the procedure is part of the reason for hairloss, age, or stress or what but need some help, its driving me nuts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Health

• I'd call the doc but maybe a multi vitamin would be a good idea or something for hair and nails, is it E?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:07 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I think mine was because of chldbirth...mine are 18 months apart....I don't know if it's the hormones or what..it would fall out by the handful everytime I washed my hair...I was trying to take a multivitamin...it finally quit falling out and I can tell that I've got some new hair growth...it's still considerably thinner than it used to be....it yours is really bad I would consult your Dr....I didn't have bald spots or anything it just got a lot thinner...good luck..
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• have your thyroid checked. increase your vit E and relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• When I get stressed, my hair falls out big time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The change in hormones from having the Essure procedure done would be my first guess. Secondly, it's been a year or less since your last child... that makes double hormone changes with those two things. As long as it is not coming out in LARGE clumps, or bald spots are appearing, then these are the things that cause most hair loss: Diet (lack of protein, lack of fat, lack of vitamins.) Stress, Hormone changes. Hopefully it will even out, it takes between One and Three years for your hair to get back to normal after these changes. good luck! Eat some Red meat and take some prenatals!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 10:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009