Did you wear your maternity pants after you had the baby?

I'm 8 wks post partum and still have about 10 lbs left to lose before I can get back into my pre-preggo pants (well I can squeeze into them and maybe even zip them but I wouldn't be able to walk). I told my husband I need to go buy a couple pairs of transition pants...and he said "why can't you just wear your maternity stuff until you get back down to a size 4?". I wanted to bitch slap him. Am I unreasonable for not wanting to wear maternity clothes when I'm not pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ALOT of women do, esp the pants they bought before they were ballooned up lol. I had my son in dec. so i wore comfy sweats that i already owned. but my pre preg. pants wouldve been okay they just wouldve hurt my scar.....Maternity pants are SUPER comfy...i dont see the big deal!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wore some of the clothes untill I got back down into my pre prego clothes. For the most part though i just wore the pants that had the small band around the waist and not the full panel thing.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Honestly, I did the same thing. But when I went to Old Navy to pick up some transition pants, I was horrified to see I was a 14. I refused to buy them so wore boxer shorts for about two weeks until I could get into a 10. I am now a 6 for the record but it took some time!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• ive still been wearing some of my maternity pants up until like 2 weeks ago and i had my son 3 months ago. i gained 60 pounds though and still have 30 to loose, and im having a hard time getting to the gym with a newborn who doesnt sleep through the night. so i finally had to go out and by a pair of 13s because i think its gonna be a while before i fit into my size 3s again =(
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wore my for ... well for a long time. Then I gave up and just bought bigger pants... still trying to lose that extra ten pounds... hmph...
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 3:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wore my pants and dresses for a couple of months, you don't just lose all the weight first thing, though I did melt off 30 lbs in a month and a half.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Umm, i was never that fat after having kids, always back in my jeans 2 weeks later but i'm not as small as you, i'm a size 7/9.
    4puddintaters

Answer by 4puddintaters at 3:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• yeah i think i did. I don't see anything wrong with it for a while, but it does start to get old! there comes a point where you just want to wear "normal" clothes again!
    My favorites were maternity pants with the adjustable elastic waistbands, so you could actually tailor them to your size as you grew/lost weight. That's probably what I'll be using for a while after this baby comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I wore my maternity pants for a couple of weeks because my pre-preg pants hurt my c-section scar.
    reava

Answer by reava at 3:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I never wore maternity pants. I just bought pants with elastic that were comfy!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009