Trying to conceive with Clomid ...... any help?

I am going to be starting Clomid at the beginning of september to try and have another baby. However last august after having my first child i was diagnosed with cervical cancer and PCOS. The cervical cancer was obviously taken care of but the pcos is still there and i have been on metformin for a year. So far the metformin i believe has worked since i have had my monthlys regularly for about 8 months. My dr. told me though that the only way of us concieving was to be on Clomid and i have never heard of it and i dont know what exactly its about. I have tried to research it but medical terms and what not are a little difficult ot understand. Any body have a success story with a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Good Luck! If you get pregnant I hope you have a successful pregnancy
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I am on Clomid. Pretty much, it just makes you ovulate. They may be saying you can't get pregnant without it because you're not ovulating on your own. There are pretty minor side effects, mostly hot flashes, head aches, nausea and it makes me bitchy (like pms). This is my first month on the meds, so I don't have a success story yet, but we're doing intrauterine insemination tomorrow (not necessary with Clomid, just for my personal situation) so hopefully in a few weeks...
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Unlike what someone else said...it dose NOT make you ovulate. It helps you produce eggs! I was on it and did IUI and still had to take a drug called Ovudrel to make me ovulate. But they did the first month without clomid and i had 1 egg, the second month i was on 1 clomid and I produced 3 eggs on one side and 1 on the other, then the next month i asked to be increased on it. So i was taking 2 clomid and i produced 11 eggs on one side and 3 on the other! so clomid doesnt make you ovulate it just helps produce more eggs/folicals to help give you better chance at concieving. On the other hand it can make you crazy! it didnt do anything to me, but my cousin and girlfriend were also on it and became SUPER bitch! LOL so watch your mood swings! but i did have succes but also had the help of IUI. good luck! Hope something happens for you soon!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 3:56 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Actually ovulating is the production and release of eggs... so it makes you ovulate.. because that IS producing eggs. You may have had the other drug to help you release those eggs, but producing eggs is part of ovulating...

http://www.babycenter.com/0_fertility-drug-clomiphene_6186.bc

If you look at any website it will tell you that Clomid jump starts ovulation.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I was just at the doctor today and he prescribed me with clomid, and yes it makes you ovulate. thats the purpose. Good luck hun! theres a lot of us in the same boat! God bless you and your future pregnancy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I started Clomid on Aug 31. I'll be done with the pills on Friday and my husband and I can 'start' ttc next week. My doctor prescribed clomid to me to assist in ovulation (release of eggs). We're going to try it for 3 rounds before moving on to other fertility options. Good luck!
    Armywife.

Answer by Armywife. at 10:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• WERE PREGNANT!!!! AFTER ONLY 2 TRIES ON THE CLOMID!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!
    Soldiers_Wife16

Answer by Soldiers_Wife16 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2010