How can I stop myself?

My baby shower is next month, and I am trying REALLY hard not to go shopping but I dont know how much longer I can wait lol. I have a DD and made the mistake buying everything before my shower, I didnt know (til I went to me cousins shower) that people bought things like bouncers, swings, bassinetts ect. So this time I dont want to get anything til after. How can I keep my self from shopping? I want to so bad!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• get stuff that either arent typical at a baby shower, or stuff you know you will need alot of.....like baby wipes, diapers, pacifiers, bottles...stuff like that....also get a baby book....i spent all my time enjoying writing in that thing so i wouldnt buy anything else till after my shower
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• i agree with the above get diapers ect or clothes and bedding, you can never have too much of those even if you get that stuff at the shower and toys also
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Wait just a month, shop for yourself for now, then when the shower is over you'll know more of what you'll need and so on.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Don't stop shopping! Just, stop buying baby stuff. :) Buy other stuff.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You could buy special things you know no one else will buy for you - maybe a going home outfit for the baby and something special for DD. If you don't mind doing returns and exchanges, you can buy more ordinary things and keep your receipts in case you get duplicates at your shower. You could also spend this time window shopping and making lists of what all you need and where you found it so you can easily get what you still need after the shower - if you wait you may be able to pay for some of it with gift cards!!!.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009