Is it normal to feel this scared?

I am scared basically through my pregnancy. This is my first and I just cant wait till my daughter is born healthy and in my arms. Is it normal for me to be scared every day. The sperm donor told me to go get an abortion or he would do it himself but I kicked him to the curb when he said that to me. I am excited but scared at the same time. Yes the sperm donor is gone for good so he will not be around he is in jail. But am I normal for being scared I just would die if something happened to her. I never thought I would get so attached to something that I made.

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 3:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think every women is scarred in their first pregnancy. I am 37wks with my first, and I have gotten more and more scarred as my due date is approaching; I also dont think my m/c in nov helped, but I have heard it doesnt get better after the baby is born, b/c there is tons of things that can go wrong. But dont worry....pregnancy, Ive learned, makes you worry about dumb things and think things are wrong when they aren't. Congrats!!!!! Im having a girl too
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Fear is normal. With my 3rd, I cried myself to sleep alot of night because I was so scared, and that was baby #3!! Hormones can make normal emotions more intense, so at least know that it is not that strange.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 3:40 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• fear is normal but you will be fine

Answer by admckenzie at 3:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm almost 36 weeks and think i have been worrying more now than before...it is my first and i think since there are so many unexpected physical things and emotions going on, it gets scary! good luck with everything; it will be fine! i'm having a girl too!!! : )
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Fear is normal. Good for you for standing up for your daught! You will make a kick ass Mommy!!
    It only gets worse. I have so much fear for my kids but the promises of a wonderful life full of love, out ways the fear. Yeah, there are times when I get so scared of something happening that I just want to cry. But those moments are lost in the kisses and hugs. You will do fine. You have already done the best thing by choosing to give your child life. You are her hero!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thank you so much I have tried to do my best with everything. I have made really poor choices in the past but when I found out I was pregnant I knew that I had to change for the better to make sure that my daughter has a really good life. She deserves it and she at least deserves to have a parent that will love her unconditionally.
    crazypinkzebra

Answer by crazypinkzebra at 4:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009