im so scared

My baby has yet to kick me in a while now and im 20 weeks shouldnt he start kicking and i stay healthy i need to know i feel like crying and its driving me crazy

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He is probably kicking, you just dont feel it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm 22 weeks and I feel my baby move several times a day. I would talk to your doctor. An ultra sound will show whats going on. I've also heard fuller sized women don't feel thier baby as much, but I don't know how true that is....
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• some women dont feel the baby until as late as 23 weeks.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• call your dr if you have concerns

Answer by admckenzie at 3:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• You aren't going to feel your baby kick on a regular basis at 20 weeks. You won't need to worry about counting kicks for a while.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• don't worry1 i didn't feel my baby kicking everyday until 24 weeks! also the placement of the placenta can dictate that; mine was located in the front and the doctor told me that i may not feel her moving all of the time. i think it's hard to feel the baby move at 20 weeks!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• hey my dr told me to go to the hospital im so scared
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Wow, you have a very overcautious doctor! Alot of woman dont even feel movement at 20 weeks! I felt movement from about 14 weeks on with each of my pregnancies but there were still TONS of movements that I saw on the u/s that I didnt feel as it was happening.

I really wouldnt worry if I were you and I would consider switching docs to one that doesnt cause you to fear even more. 20 weeks and not feeling fetal movement, IMO, is TOTALLY normal! I would be much more surprised if you felt everything
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009