25 weeks and having severe pain in back and stomach

I am 25 weeks pregnant and have been having pains like sharp pains. I have been the drs i have been to the ER they are saying it is due to the heat. I have been pregnant in the summer before and have NEVER experencied anything like this. I drink plenty of water and not dehydrated been tested for that. They hooked me up to contraction monitors it wasn't that. I just feel like I am a moron for not being able to tell what this. It is sad when drs can't tell you what is going. Anyone out there have any suggestions. I have tried lying on all diffrent sides with pillows and nothing seems to work.

kuddlygrl

Asked by kuddlygrl at 3:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WHere is the pain?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:31 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It is all over my stomach, but last night when I went to wal-mart i had a severe pain in the right side of my stomach
    kuddlygrl

Answer by kuddlygrl at 3:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Im an idiot! I read your question but not the title and you said it right there in your title, duh!! Sorry about that!

Remember in the future that contractions dont tend to feel "sharp"... just keep that in mind so you dont fear pre-term labor or anything if it happens again:)

Did this come on suddenly and stay forever, or did it go away eventually? It sounds like what I experienced when i was diagnosed with gall stones at 24 weeks prego with my first child. It felt like I was being stabbed under my right rib and I had to take the swallowest breaths or the pain got WAY severe. It would last for about 5 hours at a time and would follow fatty meals by about 3 hours or so

Does that sound like it at all?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Kind of. The pain in my stomach comes and goes almost all day. There are some days that I don't feel the pain at all but other days it gets so bad I buckle to my knees. Seems like I just cant win lol ty for responding to this all information is helpful
    kuddlygrl

Answer by kuddlygrl at 7:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• It could be bloatedness. It gets worse when you are pregnant and it is so severe that it is hard to stand upright. Or it could be an ovarian cyst. I would ask for an u/s if I were you. Not of the baby, but of your ovaries to rule out an ovarian cyst and more importantly, of your gall bladder to rule out gall stones.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009