My two year old holds herself

My daughter is two and is potty trained. She tends to holds her privates constantly! I am assuming that its just because it feels weird without a diaper on. She doesn't say that it hurts and she does it even after she has gone to the bathroom so I know its not that she has to go. Has anyone ever had this problem? I just ask her to stop holding herself and she does for awhile but is there anything else I can do to stop it?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe when she does that she's holding her pee inside, and uses her hands to help her hold in her pee. Uses her hands as in not literally holding in her pee, just to help her mentally hold in the pee.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My daughter did this and it was a simple fix for us. When she wasn't holding herself, the underwear rubbed and made her feel uncomfortable. Once we bought her some different underwear, it all stopped!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my daughter used to do this alot....finally got her to tell me what was wrong...turns out she wasnt wiping herself well enough....so she was itchy....in turn i went over with her again on proper wiping...and also told her to use babypowder and she felt ALOT better!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009