Do you tuck away a special note or greeting card for your child(ren) for their first day of school?

I've been doing this for my oldest since she was in 1st grade and next week she'll start middle school. This year I've also included a card with loads of stars on it for my Pre-K(er) that simply says GO MADI! since she doesn't really read just yet, but she does recognize her name and the word GO.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in

• I put a note in my daughter's lunch almost every day (she starts high school next month).

Answer by rkoloms at 3:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2009

• yep i have done it every year....plan on doing it again....but not so sure bout the 11yo...last year she said she was embarrassed when her friends wanted to know what she had found in her backpack...LOL
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I used to love doing that for my kids. By middle school they didn't want me to do that any more.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I used to put a special note in DS's lunch box or backpack everyday, now that he is a junior in high school, if he is having a hard time, or has something big that day I write a little note on his napkin that way he can just turn it inside out so his buddies don't tease him. Actually last year one of his friends saw it and told me that afternoon he wished his mom had done that for him sometimes.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My daughter is only in preschool, so she doesn't take lunch to school yet, but I do this with my husband; I always put a note in with his lunches.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2009