Question for Moms that get Daycare Assistance

I know they give you a list of the ones that they'll help cover, but does anyone know if they cover the afterschool program that the elementary school offers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in

• Yes, they should. They just pay it differently than a regular all day daycare center. Ask your caseworker how it works, they should be able to tell you for sure. I am not sure if the rules vary from state to state or not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Ask the caseworker that is assigned to your case! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Try chucrh afterschool programs, even if you're religious or not they don't base their daycare on souly religion. They do the things daycares do.
    Anonymous

• OP here. I dont have a caseworker yet.

I dont want to send my child to a church program, I want to send her to the one at the school, thank you though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• well before i took my kids out of public school they were in pre-k and they also went to the aftercare program in the school- the program around here is called 4c's and yes they did cover the aftercare program as well- as long as u qualify for the day care assistance you will also qualify for the after care assistance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• The school will have the answer for you. It depends on if they accept it or not. My childrens does!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 11:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2009