Have you ever disliked...

...one of your good friends kids? One of your children's friends? I have a friend who has this obnoxious son who I can't stand for my kids to be around him. I don't like when they act like him. I don't know what to do because I am close with his mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Unfortunately, yes ... my friend's 4 y/o son annoys me to no end. He has such attitude and, to me, behaves very poorly. I am a teacher and I cringe at the thought of what his teachers will have to go through in the near future. My friend and her DH kind of discipline ... it's like "Don't do that please ... I said don't do that ... come back here please, mommy says so" ... the kid runs the house. If he doesn't want to do something, he won't, no matter what anyone says.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• OMG! Yes, our neighbor two doors down. I have to hide all of the breakables before they come over!! And after they leave it looks like a storm went through my house!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• YES my brother's kids they are evil 2 of his kids are the same age as 2 of mine and but his kids act like animals. i dont see how kids can not know better being mine do. they just had their black labs tail busted in 3 places cause his 18 month old son and 6 yr daughter broke it. the kids are mean to animals and throw things and are just down right disrespectful. i wont let those kids in my house. we have their old cat cause the little girl threw him down the basement stairs and had him held by its neck..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My dd has a friend that I don't care for because she has a very bad attitide and is kind of a bully. I have explained to my daughter why she isn't allowed to play with her and why this little girl is not invited to birthday parties anymore. I have spoken to the girl's mother a couple of different times, things get better for a while but then go back to the usual.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• One of our close friends have a daughter who is a bully. She tries to tell my middle son what to do and us adults what to do. The last time we were around them she shoved my youngest son into a shelving unit and when her parents didn't do anything about it (this actually happens often) so I finally went off. Now when we are around she listens to me but still won't listen to her parents.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes, there was a boy who went to the same after-school daycare my children went to. That child was HELL on wheels and no ONE, not even his parents, did anything about it.

Over the course of a year, I had to file 3 complaints with the daycare and *TWO* with the school because he:

-shoved my children into and underwater at a public pool
    -cornered and intimidated my children with threats of physical vilence for "tattling"
    -stole from them and then either broke or "lost" books, toys, pencils, homework, etc. (One time, he threw their swimming goggles into the lake at daycare.)
    -shoved them down, kicked them, punched them, BIT them....

The sad thing is... if this boy had been three, I'd have dealt with it pretty quickly. HE WAS TWELVE! And when I told his mother, she shrugged and said, "Boys will be boys. I'm sure my son didn't mean any harm." Meanwhile, both my sons are throwing up at the thought of running into him!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes other peoples kids lol! I hate that his Mother lets him do whatever the hell he wants so I have to keep speaking to my kids and they don't understand why I'm such an ass but it's ok for her friend to do it. Drives me CRAZY!

~OP~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my mom not only disliked my friend but her mother too. the daughter had 'migraines' and my mom insisted that it was because her mother was a hypochondriac and 'taught' her daughter to say these things. This may or may not have been true, but all three of her kids were 'sickly' but the doctors always said they were great and in perfect health and their cat scans were fine, even during an 'intense migrain'
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 6:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009