Was Cain a 'vampire'?

Genesis implies that it is possible for Cain to be killed and revive, for Cain says
"EVERY ONE that finds me will slay me," as if they can kill him more than once.

The notion that Cain could be killed repeatedly and then revive is akin to the Highlander legend. The idea is that an Immortal can experience the pain and agony of death, but will not succumb. Cain seemed to fear he might become some
sort of pitiful creature used for target practice, but who could not die permanently.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 4:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Cain's curse was "When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth."

So the myth really is that the curse means that the earth would not yield any food for Cain to eat, therefore, he would have had to result to cannibalism to survive (the Bible gives Cain's lineage up to 7-8 generations I believe, but no deep specifics), hence being the first "vampire."

I disagree with the interpretation that leads to the myth. Clearly, he's going to be one horrible farmer. As a vagabond, he'll be surviving off of the graces of the fruits of the trees and what other farmers grow. He may also be able to eat animals (just speculating here; I don't know if he did or not).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Not sure I've heard something about this, there could had been vampires in those real early years, before the flood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Ancient rabbinical tradition insists that Cain had Abel's blood in his mouth when God confronted him and asked "Where is Abel, thy brother?" Their implication was that Cain had eaten Abel...like a cannibal, ghoul or VAMPIRE.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• In KJV he was slain by his brother with an object.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Have you ever seen Dracula 2000? It's the same concept only with Judas instead of Cain being the vampire . . . GREAT movie.

This is a great question, though . . . I'm gonna have to ponder this one a little more!
    Way to make me think, IhartU!! :-P
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Cain was just a human who commited a sin. Vampires do not exist.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Have you ever seen Dracula 2000? It's the same concept only with Judas instead of Cain being the vampire . . . GREAT movie

I LOVE Vampire movies, but that one was the corniest and one of the worst Vamp movies I have seen. It was stupidly entertaining.  It gave me a good laugh.  The acting was horrible.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 5:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• TBandNCmommy, it can't be as bad as Blackula...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• teamquinn,

You seem to have no issues believing in things that there is no proof for (and actually, there is more proof for the existance of Vampires than of God), so why do you insit Vampires don't exist? Just because you've never seen one doesn't mean they aren't there!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:57 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• confused

lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009