Has anyone every heard of a Dr changing a due date?

I went to the Dr today and she told me that due to my ultrasound my due date would be changed from October 18th to October 9th. I was talkin to my Sister in Law bout it and she said that she never heard of it before... I know that they did it with my cousin's & their baby.. nothing was wrong with them they were just gonna come earlyer then expected. Oh by the way im 33 weeks friday.

Any thoughts.......?

JaMelsMommy

Asked by JaMelsMommy at 4:04 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, alot of times if the Health Dept. gives you a date based on your mesntral and then you have an ultra sound done and the baby is actually farther along then yes, I swear they always have my due date wrong, I 'll see with this one.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I've heard of them changing the date, usually they do it as a result of the baby's measurements during an ultrasound. My due date was changed from July 19th to July 11th because of the baby's size during an ultrasound, usually if the ultrasounds measures the baby 2 or 3 days ahead they won't change it. It's a good thing for your mom, that just means you're closer. Congrats!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Yes I have heard of it, Though I was mesuring 2 weeks ahead on the ultrasound the whole pregnancy and my doctor said because it was only 2 weeks she wasnt going to change my due date.
    I guess I would rather it has been changed officially because now there inducing me on his due date out of fear of him being in there two long. I guess its safe to go two weeks past your due date, but four weeks is bad?
    Idk, I have a hard time understanding her Logic, but I guess she is a doctor, so I have to trust her judgment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Thanks.... because i registered on babycenter.com and they told me that i was 32 weeks & when i went to the Dr she told me that i will be 33 weeks on Friday of this week... So i was a litle confused.. But im happy that he is health & well on his way... Just 6 weeks left.!!!
    JaMelsMommy

Answer by JaMelsMommy at 4:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• been done to me before, mine was changed 3 x's all were in the month of may but first it was the beginning, then middle then at the end ( my mil was happy it was a due date on her b day ) my periods were never right and me an fience at the time were like school kids *wink wink* so they could never really give me a date.in the end dd was born on may 9th. but i will add my doc at the time was an idiot ( love how i got wiser with age and see this now ) its not unheard of it does happen and just breath and wait for the month lol...good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Ur baby has my B-day im also a May/Taurus baby.!!! thanks everyone for the advice... I cant wait...
    JaMelsMommy

Answer by JaMelsMommy at 4:13 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I had four different due dates last time. This time it's changed once but only by 3 days.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well the later an ultrasound is done the greater chance of the due date being wrong so I would not allow them to do anything like induce until you are 2 weeks past the original due date and yes you do have a choice in whether you get induced. Was the first due date from an ultrasound or LMP? if it was ultrasound done early in pregnancy then I would put more faith in it. I had an ultrasound 16 days before my due date and it said I was due in 2 days!!!! I went into labor 6 days later, but I was taking ovulation tests and KNEW when I ovulated and the original date was based on that and an early ultrasound that was within 1 day of the ovulation test.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Well my first due date was given by my LMP its never late so they considered it pretty accurate.. But this due date is from a series of ultrasounds... But Oct 9 is within the 2week grace period.
    JaMelsMommy

Answer by JaMelsMommy at 4:51 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Oh yeah, they change them all the time! It's all just estimating anyway. That baby comes when it wants to!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 24, 2009