how long after you lil one started walking did you wait to put them in a toddler bed

not sure when i should do it after he starts walking all over im afraid he may figure out how to climb up the crib and fall out so i was wondering when did you put your lil one in a toddler bed?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 10 months. After waking up 2 times to her falling out of the crib.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• we got our daughter a toddler bed when she was 15 months and she wasnt walking yet. our physical therapist and pediatrician recommended a toddler bed to help strengthen her core muscles we put another crib mattress next to the bed so she wouldnt get hurt
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:16 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My son went to a toddler bed as soon as he showed interest climbing out of his crib at 13 months. He started walking at 12 so yeah, 1 month. They can fall and break their necks, resulting in death. I did not want to wait!
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• MY son was a year old by the time he was in a toddler bed. He kept breaking out of hiscrib LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My son never tried to climb in or out of his crib. He started walking at 20 months and was moved into a toddler bed then because one was given to us and that is what he preferred to sleep in!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My twins started walking before one year. They just turned two, and I am planning to move them to toddler beds in the next few weeks (I'm only doing it because one seems close to being able to escape). Unless your baby is a climber, a crib is the safest place for him to be; once you move to a toddler bed you have to have absolutely every place he might end up 100% childproofed. I moved my older one to a toddler bed at 19 months, and I really regretted doing it that early (I was a lot more worried about what she might do roaming free than I ever was about her falling out of her crib). I know some kids do start climbing out of their cribs at an early age (my nephew did before one year), but if yours isn't one of those I'd highly recommend waiting.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:28 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• my daughter never tried climbing out of the crib, but i switched at 15 months because i felt like it, and wanted to start trying the potty asap. i hate buying diapers! she is 19 months tomarow and still not potty trained but LOVE her big girl bed
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 6:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• My dd is 14 months old and she won't be going into a toddler bed until she's closer to 3 years old (unless she starts climbing out of the crib before then). I'm in no hurry.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:35 PM on Aug. 24, 2009