Wouldn't you look to make sure?

So recently we were at Walmart. My three sons, husband and mother in law were with me. My husband stayed in the van with my kids because they were sleeping. The van was running because ofcourse its hot this summer. My mother inlaw and I ran into Walmart to pick up a couple of things. So we returned my husband crawled from the back into the drivers seat and drove us to Kohls. Then while we were at Kohls a couple of police officers pulled up and asked my husband if we just came from Walmart. He said yes and the officers said that they just got a call that kids were left in a locked van alone. My question is this, If you were going to call the cops out wouldn't you look to make sure that nobody else was in there or stay right by the van until the cops got there just to make sure the kids were alright? Don't get me wrong, I am happy when people are looking out for children. Next time make sure before you make drama.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Shopping

• Whoa how did you guys get out of this one, even with the dad in the car? Good Point though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• They couldn't prove it. Plus we would have never even thought about leaving our kids in the car even for a minute. The people obviously must have waited around and saw us go to Kohls but never called the police back or told the police that they were obviously mistaken. If you are going to be dramatic and try to make a scene then own up to it when you are wrong. They weren't that concerened about the kids if they weren't next to the van making sure that the kids were okay. So they just wanted to be dramatic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I'm guessing they didn't want to be right there when the parents came back. The kind of people that would leave unattended kids in a car on a hot day with the engine running generally are not the kind of people who will thank a good samaritan for their concern. I had to call the police on a woman once for doing that and she was less than impressed when she found out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• See- I would be the person who would go into the store and ask for a loudspeaker (PA) announcement for the driver of the ~blue van~ (whatever) who left their kids in it to please go back out to the parking lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009