kids pick up on things way too fast!

my daughter just surprised the hell out of me...for a while now me and my sister will talk pig latin around her just in case an idea we have isn't going to happen so she doesn't get worked up.....well just now she asked me "mommy, can we go immingsway?" I was floored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apparently she picked up on it pretty fast...and shes only six!!!!!!! has anyone else had this happen to them? where they think their kids wont understand and they turn out to know more than you realize?? LOL

blueeyedgrl2377

Asked by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes and it is very annoying. At least it shows you she's smart.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• If something is said enough it doesn't take too long for them to realize what you mean by it.. Like when my son was younger instead of saying going to the park we'd spell out park and within a few weeks my son knew what it meant and now he can tell you how to spell Park with no problem LOL.. Kids are smarter than most anyone gives them credit for.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009