My pug constantly scratches her ears!!

She is always itching her ears. The vet says it's not mites? And no infection. She seems like it really bothers her. I have even tried Wally's ear oil. Nothing helps!!!

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 4:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Pets

• Are you sure it's not yeast infection, my dog used to get them all the time, you can get some ear wash at like Petco and wash them out (they hate that) but its good for them, my dog would get black dirt in there and dug at her ear till there was a whole and she had to have surgery.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:20 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Try a light mixture of vitamin e oil and peroxide, put it on a soft paper towel and wash the inside of the ears - then follow up with a quick swab of alcohol. See if that helps. My English Mastiff gets a huge build-up of nasty wax in his ears and shakes and scratches until I clean them. I usually only have to clean them about once per month.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:10 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• I agree with the others. You may also want to switch foods if yours has corn, wheat, or soy in it. Those are the most common allergens for dogs.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Hi - glad you had the vet check out your PUPPY -

yes - here is some help - it is a puppy vitamin powder you mix into the food daily -

Hope this helps : All Natural and safe for your pup:

http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 8:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009