I know I am crazy but...

Well I suffer from Panic attacks. I try to control them but sometimes I can't. I will be sitting and thinking and then I will have one. I have been thinking lately that my husband is going to leave me. When I think of this it makes me cry non-stop and have a huge panic attack. He has never done anything or said anything that would make me think this but somehow I do anyway. Sometimes I think I am loosing my mind and I worry over every little thing if he is going to leave me. Can you please help or give some advice or something. I don't know what else to do and my husband just tells me to get over it. Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Aug. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• You just need to get a grip on yourself.
    If you keep acting hysterical, it could possibly turn your DH off a little...
    I suggest going to see a doctor and getting some professional help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Habits of negative thoughts occur in patterns. So an entire mental conversation can be repeated in the mind over and over again. These thoughts consume the mind and arouse emotions with destructive effect. The following steps can be taken to challenge these invaders and re-establish soul leadership:

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:32 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• - Use objective introspection to identify a negative thought pattern that
    is currently invading the consciousness. It will be a very familiar inner
    voice repeating the same negative thoughts over and over. Clearly
    identify this pattern so you can recognize it.

- There is always a first thought, which opens the door to this negative
    pattern. Once this thought has gained entry into the consciousness,
    the familiar host of negative conversation begins and emotional reactions overwhelm the heart. Watch for this first lead thought which is a portal
    for avidya (personal Maya/delusion).
    samurai_chica

• When your consciousness is calm and free—after sleep or meditation,
    ask to help you target the first “lead thought” as it enters the
    mind and before negative emotions are aroused. Remain calm and
    watchful. When that lead thought enters you will have a choice to admit
    or reject it. Immediately renounce it using your willpower and determined
    resolve. Protect your consciousness so that it remains free—as long as you can!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:33 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Mental habits are strong, so it may take a little time and effort to capture the first thought. It may also take extra strength to renounce it completely. But small victories will come and soon a major victory! You will find yourself able to target a negative thought pattern and inwardly renounce it. This not only frees the consciousness from negative thoughts and emotions, but also allows you to constructively entertain and solve serious problems when you choose, without being intimidated and confused by uncontrolled worry and fear. Try it!!
    samurai_chica

• panic attacks suck. I've had them myself. Did you have your mom or dad or someone close leave when you were young? Sometimes the fear of abandonment causes things like that. My dad left when I was five and it was after I had a major surgery so his timing sucked. Anyway, it took a long time for me to get over that. He explained to me as an adult he didn't leave me, he left my mom. I wish he had that talk with me when I was a child. If you have not had anything like that happen then you will just have to keep telling yourself that dh isn't going anywhere. Train your brain to listen to that and believe it so you can calm yourself down.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Aug. 24, 2009